Webots 2019 change log
Webots change log
Webots R2019a revision 1
Released on February 14th, 2019
- Dependency Updates
- Windows: upgraded to Qt 5.12.1.
- Added a StripBuilding PROTO.
- Improved the SUMO exporter to support more cases.
- Improved rendering speed on Retina displays.
- Added a controller emulating the e-puck2 Wi-Fi protocol and a simple LabVIEW VI communicating with it.
- Added a safe mode.
- Bug fixes
- Fixed possible communication hangs with a Wi-Fi remote controlled e-puck2 robot.
- Fixed the LEDs of the e-puck robot which were turned on wrongly when the 'led0' LED was turned on.
- Windows: fixed flush of stdout and stderr for robot controllers.
- Fixed crash with the Python API when getting a Camera, Lidar or RangeFinder image at first step (thanks to Farinaz).
- Fixed crash when exporting some worlds to VRML97.
- Fixed crash at startup when using a low-end GPU.
- Fixed OpenStreetMap importer not working when launched from another directory because of missing configuration file.
- Fixed TextureTransform field changes applied only at revert.
- Fixed crash while recording a movie with some low-end GPU.
Released on December 17th, 2018
- New Features
- Graphics Improvements
- Webots now features an advanced High Dynamic Range (HDR) rendering pipeline with adjustable exposure.
- All worlds, robots, devices, objects and PROTO files have now been updated to use the PBR rendering system exclusively.
- PBRAppearance nodes now can make use of an emissive color or an emissive color texture to mimic light emission.
- Global Illumination can be simulated using Ground-Truth Ambient Occlusion (GTAO).
- Added a Bloom effect to simulate glaring from bright lights, emissive surfaces & reflections.
- Added a library of appearance PROTO nodes for a suite of high-quality useful materials.
- Added the Tinkerbots robotics kit.
- Added Wi-Fi remote control for the e-puck2 robot.
- Added a ConveyorBelt PROTO.
- Added a 'noise' field to the PositionSensor node.
- Added a model of the Tesla model 3 compatilble with the SUMO interface.
- Added a 'wb_supervisor_node_move_viewpoint' Supervisor function.
- Added two new functions to the Speaker API called 'wb_speaker_is_sound_playing' and 'wb_speaker_is_speaking' to check whether a specific sound is currently been played or if the speaker is performing text-to-speech.
- Added a model of 'Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel' steering wheel to be used in the 'steeringWheel' field of some vehicles.
- Added a ROBOTIS OP3 model.
- Added three model of Velodyne lidars: 'Puck', 'Puck Hi-Res' and 'Puck LITE'.
- Dependency Updates
- Windows: upgraded to Qt 5.12.0.
- macOS: upgraded to Qt 5.11.2.
- macOS: Added support for macOS 10.14. Dropped support of the obsolete libstdc++ and the i386 architecture from libController and derivated libraries.
- macOS, Windows: upgraded Python 3 precompiled packages to Python 3.7
- Improved support of macOS Mojave and Retina displays.
- Improved support of the VMWare virtual machines.
- Improved the conversion from PROTO nodes into base nodes by preserving the DEF-USE definitions.
- Improved the message dialog displayed when a controller is built to propose by default to reset the world.
- Improved DEF/USE error messages for nodes defined in PROTO model bodies.
- Improved real-time computation (displayed in the speedometer) for simulations with a time step smaller than 32ms.
- Exposed global texture quality as a parameter in the Webots preferences.
- Bug fixes
- Fixed Lidar sensors which were returning NaN on some AMD graphics cards.
- Fixed incorrect gamma correction for PBR rendering with shadows.
- Fixed incorrect gamma-space representation of color fields with PBR.
- Fixed material issues on some virtual machines.
- Fixed e-puck remote-control issues in BotStudio (thanks to Andrew).
- Fixed nodes proposed in the Add Node dialog in case of DEF and USE nodes used in different contexts (bounding object and not).
- Fixed DEF nodes proposed in the Add Node dialog in case of multiple occurrences of the same DEF name.
- Fixed insertion of a Slot PROTO node from Add Node dialog or paste action without a parent Slot node.
- Fixed world opened when selecting a section item in the Webots guided tour.
- Fixed simulation freeze reloading or loading a new world while a movie is recorded from a Supervisor controller.
- Fixed movie icon status when recording a movie from a Supervisor controller.
- Fixed returned position on camera image of WbCameraRecognitionObject (thanks to Tommaso).
- Fixed non-working motor control if the parent of the joint is a Slot node.
- Fixed crash when a node in the 'appearance' or 'geometry' field of a Shape node or 'endPoint' field of a Slot or Joint node is regenerated.
- Fixed issue with wrong sensor refresh rate with the ROS controller when the world time step is not equal to 32.
- Fixed performance issue when using Camera, Lidar or RangeFinder devices with the ROS controller (thanks to Omar).
- Fixed guided tour opened in batch mode.
- Fixed enabling of InertialUnit devices from the generic robot-windows.
- The Supervisor node is now deprecated, instead a normal robot should be used and its 'supervisor' field should be set to TRUE.
- The Supervisor API remains unchanged and will not be deprecated.
- Added a 'wb_robot_get_supervisor' function to get the state of the 'supervisor' field of the Robot node.
- Added a new 'supervisor' field to all the robot and vehicle PROTO nodes.
- Improved the C++, Java and Python versions of the vehicle library to base the 'Driver' class on the 'Supervisor' class instead of the 'Robot' one.
- Removed the possibility to retrieve the super node in Lua in order to speed up node initialization.
- Breaking Changes
- Deprecated the Supervisor node.
- Removed deprecated ROS DifferentialWheels API.
- Refactored and improved various road PROTO nodes in order to improve graphical fidelity
and increase modularity without requiring the creation of a specific texture (especially for road lines).
- The 'texture' and 'textureScale' fields have been replaced by the 'appearance' field.
- The 'pavementTexture' field has been replaced by the 'pavementAppearance' field.
- The 'dashedLine' field has been replaced by the 'lines' field.
- Many PROTO files no longer use 'texture' style MFString field(s), instead using new 'appearance' SFNode field(s). These are:
- All Road PROTOs
From December 2017
From October 2014
From September 2012
From November 2008
From January 2005
From February 2003